Monday, November 4, 2013

Hey Look, It's a Stop Sign!

For Halloween this year we went over to Karen's house in Mount Joy to hand out treats to the neighborhood kids. Roy brought his traffic light get up he made from an actual light found at an auction several years ago. It's battery powered and still lights up. I didn't dress up this year due to lack of motivation (aka laziness) but I'm hoping to be more prepared next year. I thought about putting on my skating dress but I didn't want to walk around in my skates all night.

Here's Francine and Kay as prisoners, Hannah the Bulldog as a cow, Mackenzie as a cute lady bug, Roy and his light (that thing is heavy), Karen as the Tooth Fairy, and Joanna as a pumpkin. Joanna is visiting from Brazil and she is super nice - and super tall (6'4")!
There were tons of kids out in Karen's neighborhood. Karen was the tooth fairy so she gave out little tubes of toothpaste along with chocolate and other candy treats. She's a dental hygienist. Some kids actually chose the toothpaste but most grabbed it first, then after realizing what it was, switched it out with something else!

A lot of the kids would also look at Roy and call him a stop sign. We thought that was pretty comical and concerning at the same time, but I'm sure they meant a stop light. Stop sign rolls off the tongue easier I guess. We saw a lot of cute costumes but I think the one that stood out the most was a little girl with a huge round pink balloon floating above her.  It was attached with string to a box going around her waist with paper bag sacs hanging around it. She was a hot air balloon with basket! It was pretty darn cute.

Karen made these adorable giant Cookie Monster cupcakes. I hoovered one like a monster. Nom, Nom, Nom.
It was unusually warm for a Halloween night. It was rainy earlier in the day but it cleared up by Trick or Treat time.  An hour and a half into it though it started drizzling so we all went inside. Two years ago it snowed two inches on Halloween, so I can't complain.  Hope you had a howling good holiday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...