Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fall Follies

These last few weeks have flown by. I can't believe it's already been a month since we got back from Vegas. Here are some things that's been going on since then.
 
At the end of September, Angela and her friends got all decked out for the Homecoming dance at their school (and my alma mater), Mechanicsburg H.S. It's been fifteen years since I graduated from there. Unbelievable.
 
A very patriotic color palette - this wasn't planned, I'm sure!

Liz (far right) came into town from San Fran for a baby shower earlier this month.  I can't believe it's been almost two years since I saw her last. The usual suspects all met up in Rockville, MD for a night of good food, drinks, and of course...
 
...singing our hearts out!
 
Me singing Roy a lullaby, apparently.

Dunzo! Roy and I have been a part of a Monday night pool league called PA Cue Sports and we just called it quits.  He's been on a pool team for years and years and I joined a few years ago after I met Roy. We decided to retire from the league and our last match was last week. We love the team but the nights were getting looong. We are old.

Here are some other updates:

WEDDING: We have decided what city, state and the month and year. More planning will be done after the New Year. Yay!!! Let's just say, it's going to be SUITE!

SKATING: Synchro practice is in full swing. The music is from The Great Gatsby soundtrack (see sample below).  New dresses are being made this year and I'm liking the routine so far. It's got rockers, weaves, and whips! First exhibition will be Jan. 4th and the first competition (sectionals) is at the end of January.

Individually, I'm working on landing my Lutz and perfecting the scratch, sit and camel spins. STILL. My goal is to get all these consistent by the end of the year. Flip and loop are slowly getting more and more consistent. Hopefully I can start working on an axel next year. Right before we left for Vegas, I hit my head on the ice for the first time which was kind of scary. Luckily I didn't get a concussion but I did get major whiplash. I was really wishing I had one of those foam neck braces. Note to self: Do not drink the night before early morning skating practice. Not good!

Here's music from part of our synchro routine:

 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...