Friday, July 19, 2013

Pre-Bronze Moves Like Jagger

Yesterday I took my first U.S. Figure Skating skills test and passed! Yippee! 

This calls for a Futterwacken dance

If my warm-up was any indication of how my test would go, I would have definitely crashed and burned. It was horrible! My coach calmed me down though and told me to drink some water and pretend that it was wine. I think it worked =)

Here is a score sheet from one of the three judges. They all had similar comments but this one was the most descriptive (and legible).


I've never been complimented on my lobes before, hehe. I was most worried about the consecutive edges but thankfully I was able to show my best performance on those. There were shaky moments for sure but overall I'm happy with the test. Of course my easiest element, the spiral, was probably the worst - right was good, but the left was way off balance and a total disaster. I was hoping I would get a re-skate on that part but the judges didn't bother. All three gave me the PASS.

So now onto Pre-Bronze Free Skate (spins and jumps). The next test session is August 22nd so hopefully I'll be able to test then but only if I'm ready of course. Synchro season is fast approaching so looking forward to that too.  I heart skating.

Hope you are staying cool in this heat wave!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...