Monday, July 29, 2013

Home Again

My cousins came back last week from their trip to the other side of the world. They spent seven weeks in Indonesia including a 3-day stint in Singapore on their way back. We missed them a lot but those seven weeks went by surprisingly fast. Can you believe it's almost August already?! Summer needs to slow its roll a bit, fo' sheez.

We spent some time over the weekend catching up. We took the boat to Duke's on Friday for dinner. My brother met us there also. It was gorgeous but we didn't stay out long. The girls were still jet lagged after 30 hours of flying. I know I would have been half dead for a few days after traveling that much.


On Saturday, it looked like it might rain but we trekked out to kayak anyway.  Roy and I are getting into kayaking lately and this was our second time out this year, first time on the river. The water was only a few feet deep and the water was really clear. The rain stayed away until we were all done so we got lucky.

Jess, Roy, and Tiffany.

Rain is a brewin'
 
It was Angela's 15th birthday that day.

We see these beautiful white birds by the river all the time. I think they're called egrets.

So that's my story for today. Roy and I are looking for a possible new residence but I'm conflicted about moving away from the river. It's so beautiful out there and we will probably go out there less often if we're not living right next to it. Hopefully we will stay close.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...