Friday, January 18, 2013

Easterns


I received an official welcome letter e-mail from U.S. Figure Skating yesterday congratulating me on registering for my first synchro sectional team competition and now I'm starting to freak out. I was perfectly fine before then! But it's starting to sink in that the competition is less than 2 weeks away!  This will be my first skating competition EVER and I've only been skating regularly for a year and a half. I joined the adult team this past September thinking it might be fun which it is, but competing is going to be scary for sure.

There's two more home ice practices left and then we leave for Lake Placid on January 30th. My nieces will be skating too so it should be fun times. I've always wanted to go to Lake Placid - though it will be absolutely blistering cold when we're there. I'm very much looking forward to doing my hair and make-up though :)

If you've never heard of synchronized skating, here's a preview of what a world championship level team looks like:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...