Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January Recap

This month has flown by. We've been busy showing my house to prospective tenants and selling furniture. We'd basically have everyone show up at once and tour the house to maximize our time. We did choose a tenant last week. It was hard not to be compassionate with all the different situations people come from and believe me, there were many, many stories. I felt like my head was going to explode. So we looked at income and just picked the most viable and respectful candidate. Done.

I have almost all of my furniture sold except for a few pieces but I have about two more weeks until the house needs to be completely empty. I may just have to stash everything in the attic!

In other news, I picked up a few shifts at the mall two nights a week. A family friend owns Jenuine, an urban-style clothing store (think bedazzled skinny jeans out the wazoo), and they needed someone to help them out. I worked about 20 some hours but since my schedule is very limited part-time (skating, pool, more skating), my status got demoted to "as-needed". It wasn't bad working there but January is a dead shopping month. One night a little girl came into the store and, unbeknownst to me, was unscrewing all the mannequins' hands. I heard one fall and she played dumb.  I would find hands on the floor all over the store later on and that was the most entertaining night I had. It was nice making a few extra bucks though so I might look into getting another part-time until summer rolls around.


Went to the PA Auto show last week and I'm actually digging the Ford Explorer - most likely because the design resembles the Range Rover. Overall the show was just, eh. We got free tickets by donating blood and I was happy my iron was up and cholesterol was down. I am eating more Cheerios and granola lately so I think that helps a lot.

Pool league started up again this month and I'm 2-0! My goal is to have a winning record this session since I lost all my matches except for one in the previous session.

Easterns starts Thursday this week! The girls are on a bus right now to Lake Placid. We'll be driving up tomorrow. They skate on Thursday and possibly Friday if they qualify for the final round.  The adult team doesn't have practices until Friday (5:00 AM!?) and we compete on Saturday. I feel nervous at times, but I think it's more excitement and anticipation. I've never skated in tights or a skating dress either so I'm a bit worried about that. I'm going to feel very naked and cold out there! Go Team Reflections!

We'll be back in time for Superbowl XLVII.  NFC all the way!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...