Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Down to the Wire

There's only a few days left until we leave for two whole weeks and journey to the other end of the world! Okay, it's just the other side of the U.S. but it'll feel like the world by the time we're done. I feel ready but not ready at the same time. I'm having some issues with my wedding dress (i.e. I decided I don't like it at all after it was hemmed) so I feel like I'm on Project Runway scrambling to finalize exactly what I'm going to look like come wedding day.  I'm sure it'll all come together by Friday morning and if not oh well. As Demi Lovato sings, I really don't care! I'll just be happy marrying Roy in whatever dress I have on (which I hope is the one that's being delivered today).

The last week has been a whirlwind with shopping for last minute items ($$ like water) and also getting sick and being useless for two days. Roy has been busy fixing up rental unit #9. We did manage to get in some activities like a City Islanders soccer game and a boat party for Angela's 16th birthday.

City Islanders Game on 7/23 vs. Oklahoma City. My first semi-pro soccer match. It was more fun than I'd thought it'd be.

Final Score 3-3 (tie). We were up 2-0 and then OK had 2 quick goals back to back to tie it.  After another OK goal we were trailing for awhile but came back with a goal not long before time ran out.

Angela's 16th Birthday Boat Party. She was only 11 when she first came to the U.S. *tears* The cousins' visa got renewed for another five years so in a blink of an eye she'll be turning 21. OMG.

Angela and I.  We have a Stage 5 Creeper on board.

This week we have some farewell dinners and I'm trying to get as much skating in as possible before I become mostly sedentary for the next two weeks. I guess it won't be any different than being in the office. I contemplated taking my skates with me but I'm sure Roy would not love driving around and searching for skating rinks for me to skate in. I'll have to treadmill it or swim as much as I can when we're at the hotels. Has anyone tried the chewing the food and spitting it out diet? Yeah that's not gonna work.

I set up a USTREAM channel so that we can broadcast some highlights of the trip and the wedding ceremony to the folks back home. I don't know if providing this type of access will be a stroke of genius or one of life's great regrets.  Stay tuned.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...