Friday, April 4, 2014

We Like to Party

My blog posts have been sparse lately because my mind has been preoccupied with party planning and work has been less than stellar. Roy and I are planning to get hitched in Vegas sometime in August and then we're celebrating our newly married status with a shindig back home in November.  So far we've got the venue, DJ (with karaoke!), photo booth and photographer booked.  Right now I'm figuring out what to do about catering. I get a lot of questions about the dress, both for the wedding and reception, but I don't really have anything picked out. I do know it's got to be short for Vegas because it'll be hot as balls out there. I just want to get the major details out of the way and then it'll be easier to focus on the frou-frou stuff.

I've also purchased a domain name for the wedding web site and picked theme colors:

Midnight Navy, Peacock Teal, Plum, & Berry
 

I really like the jewel-tone look and I couldn't just pin it down to two colors.  The venue is a barn so it'll be very "woody" and I think they will all go well together.  I was digging the neon color trend but I imagine that'll look really outdated in the pictures. These colors might look that way also but the 80's always come back to haunt us now and again so why not.

I've given Roy two major projects for décor; I'm sure he'll wait until October to start them. Have you ever planned a large party? Got any tips??

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...