Thursday, December 5, 2013

Wedding Fever

Okay, I fully admit I've been exhibiting bipolar disorder and/or schizophrenia when it comes to planning a wedding. One minute I want to run away and elope and the next minute I want to go all out. And as Roy points out, I want to get married at the last nice place went to (Baltimore, Vegas, and in a few weeks it'll be NYC). But I think it's finally dawned on me that I do want to have a nice get together (locally) and have all our friends and family in one place, on one night, for good food, drinks, and all the crazy fun and memories that come with it. I came to this conclusion recently because I remembered that when my friends got engaged, I so looked forward to attending their wedding and if they didn't have one, I would have been bummed. Especially with a guy like Roy, who is always making people laugh, I think a lot of people would look forward to it. I would. So what's a few thousand dollars when it's spent on the people you love, right? GULP. It's only money. It's only money. It's only...

So, we actually have an appointment this Saturday to check out a venue. Things just got real. I'm hoping that it'll be one and done so we can reserve the date and get on with the rest of the details that need to be reserved, worked, re-worked, DIY'ed, fitted, tasted, tested, invited, and all that good stuff. Oh, and remember that September 2014 wedding date I might have mentioned? Well it's going get pushed back if this venue is a go. It's that freakin' popular.

I'm ready to get this ball rolling and I'm also excited because Pantone just came out with their 2014 Pantone Color of the Year! I had somewhat jokingly told Roy and a few others that Pantone will be deciding the color theme of the wedding. Here is what they chose:


And me likey! Purple is my favorite and I think I can work with this in different variations. The easiest and obvious way to incorporate it would be to have purple orchids at each table or something.  Kind of pricey but maybe that'll be it for the flower budget! Ha. It doesn't really scream "Fall" wedding but that's probably a good thing.

P.S.  I had a dream last night that I was at my wedding reception in a beach house. I was also secretly pregnant and had a glass of wine in my hand. Not sure what that means, but thank goodness it was just a dream!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...