Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Happy Birthday, Bloggy

Today marks one year since I started blogging actively again here at Blogger. But can you believe I've actually been blogging now sporadically over the course of the last decade or more (wow, I feel old)? The very first blog I created was at Asian Avenue. I'm sure you've never heard of it, especially if you're not Asian.  I think that was back in 2000. I remember I was on it while I was at Penn State so it might have been as early as 1998. Then it was onto Xanga. Remember Xanga?? I loved Xanga because a lot of my friends were on there. But then Friendster and MySpace became popular so everyone left Xanga. And we all know what blew up after MySpace - the Eff-Book. So basically, if blogging were a child, mine would be a teenager!

Since Xanga, I bounced to Blogger, to Wordpress, and back to Blogger. I tried Tumblr too but didn't stick with it. Here's a link to my blog from 2008 to 2012: http://jurrious.wordpress.com/. I love reading about old times. It puts things into perspective. I find myself blogging consistently when I'm happy in my life. So if my posts start to become scarce, I'm either turning to the dark side or too busy (but if I'm busy I should eventually have a lot to write about).

For 2014, I think I might start doing my daily snapshots again. Sometimes it's hard to make the mundane into something blog worthy day in and day out, but oftentimes I surprise myself with these Pics of the Day or Daily Snapshots. It forces you to find the beauty in every day, even if it's just the plate of food in front of you or the weather outside. Days go by so fast and are so easily forgotten. Blogging helps me remember those days. And I also love reading other blogs and living vicariously through others.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...