Monday, August 12, 2013

Watch with Jurry

While my fiancé was out playing poker Saturday night, I plopped down on the couch and searched for a movie on OnDemand. Chick flick time! After looking for like 15 minutes, I finally found something from the Sundance Channel. I've never heard of it before and the plot seemed intriguing. So I watched...

 

As the movie's opening credits rolled, I noticed that it was produced by Plan B Entertainment which is Brad Pitt's production company (he's listed as executive producer). I found that I enjoy Plan B movies (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Time Traveler's Wife) so I was sure I'd like this movie and I did.
 
"The Private Lives of Pippa Lee" is about Pippa Lee (Robin Wright) who married a much older man and after they move to a retirement home in Connecticut, she finds herself reflecting on her past. She had a tumultuous childhood with a drugged out mother and eventually left her parents' home and went off on her own. The cast is pretty stacked. Blake Lively plays the younger Pippa. I love finding movies like this. If you have some "me" time, I highly recommend this movie.
 
I love movies about relationships, marriage, and all the dysfunction that goes with it. For instance, the movie "Revolutionary Road" was mind blowing and very satisfying to me. It also took place during the 1950s which is a time period I'm fascinated with. So I guess you could say those are my favorite type of movies. Pretty dark you might say, but to me, it makes those couple of hours very worthwhile. I guess it stems from own dysfunctional life. I think I should have been a psychologist. "Waitress," with Keri Russell is also one of my all time favorite movies.
 
Roy and I also saw Grown Ups 2 on Sunday and well, I learned what a Burp Snart is and that's all I've got to say about that!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...