Thursday, July 11, 2013

One Week Until Test Time

Next Thursday I'll be taking my Pre-Bronze MIF skating test! I know I'm ready although I still have moments in practice when I need a mulligan (do-over).  Oh well, we'll see how it goes. I'm looking forward to working on free skating skills when I pass this test (I must pass!). I enjoy free skating much more than MIF.

One day in practice recently I had the most beautiful spins (they felt beautiful anyway) and I was almost able to do a complete scratch spin, centered, from beginning to end like I was Michelle Kwan (yeah, right). It was oh so lovely. It was like frolicking on the mountain pastures of Switzerland with the Sound of Music playing in the background. Then the practice ended and some time later, another began. That heavenly spin was no where to be found and I'm still trying to find it! Damn you scratch spin, damn you for giving me the greatest pleasure I've ever known and just taking it away! I can't even step into any spin correctly. It's like I have physical amnesia or something. Ugh. Skating is like unrequited love and it's pure agony. But yet I keep coming back for more. It's like chasing a rabbit you know you'll only catch once out of 100 times but you keep chasing because catching it feels glorious!

Same with the flip jump. Sigh. It was so perfect and now it's rubbish. Thank goodness for my spiral - that is my bread and skating butter (knock on wood - I'll probably catch a toe pick next time and eat some more ice).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...