Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Meat and Three Legged Races

Memorial Day weekend kicks off the unofficial start of summer but it felt more like winter this time! It was windy and cold Friday and Saturday but thankfully it was sunny and warmer on Sunday and Monday (but not by much). It's supposed to get up to the 90's after this Wednesday so I guess I'll try to embrace this cold spell for now.

On Friday, the class of '96 E-town High School crew came into town. That would be Roy's high school buddies, one from Ohio and one from New York, plus another from E-town. We went to Duke's and had some drinks. My new drink is a wine spritzer with seltzer water. It's not bad and so diet friendly. The reunion continued Saturday and Sunday evenings as well.

On Saturday morning I hit the ice to work on my consecutive edges (alternating half circles on one foot inside and outside edges, forwards and backwards) while Roy installed a tank-less water heater for someone. After skating I went and bought 10 pounds of pork butt and spent the following two hours cutting it up and marinating it. I finished just in time for my haircut appointment at 1 o'clock and decided to ride my bike over to the city since parking was going to be a mess due to Arts Fest on the riverfront. I'm glad I did that because it was so easy to get in and out. I only live a mile away. I decided to get 3 inches chopped off so I can cut down on blow dry time. It's been difficult to find someone as good as my stylist in Maryland but I've found someone nearby who has cut my hair three times now and has done a decent job. I made a highlighting appointment in June with her so if all goes well, she just may be "the (new) one."

Later that night Roy and I rode our bikes back over to Arts Fest to grab some grub. Arts Fest was pretty much the same - you see the same stuff every year. First we hit up the ice cream stand (root beer float for him, kid's cone for me) and we walked around. We weren't walking long and we realized vendors were starting to wrap up for the night. It was only about 6:30 but I guess they are done by 7. We hurried up and got our chicken on a stick before the stand closed, ate, and then headed back across the bridge.

On Sunday, we loaded the boat up with life vests, ropes, water shoes, towels and all the other boat stuff that's been stored in the basement. We weren't boating that day though because we had a date with Roy's work husband and his wife to go to Baltimore for an early dinner. We left around 1:30 and headed for Inner Harbor. It was a beautiful day and it was bustling.





We ate at Fogo de Chão, a Brazilian BBQ place. If you've never been there before, it's basically a carnivorous smorgasbord. So. Much. Meat. Ugh. It's good, but your body does not feel good after eating all that meat. Scurvy!

On Memorial Day, Roy and I went to our favorite breakfast diner and then we got ready to meet my cousins at a Korean church picnic. It was actually the Central PA Korean Association Picnic or something. All the Korean churches in the Central PA area met up to compete in a field day. We ate, played games, and watched some Korean old heads play kickball. It was pretty amusing. I couldn't help being amazed at all the OOTD's some people had chosen.

Angela and David in the three legged race. Not quite in sync but still on their feet!


Jess and Yuna trying not to laugh - they were most likely to get the giggles and fall down!
A shot of the pavilion - stripes are so in right now.


Roy trying help our church get a win on the volleyball court. The competition was fierce.

Kickball - one lady is rocking an apron and wide brim visors are all the rage among the hal-muh-nees

The girls acting silly - they are a riot





 
Our church won the three legged race but overall we got third in the field day. I haven't been to one of these things in many years but it's always a good time. We went to Red Lobster for dinner and by the end of the night we were beat. What a weekend! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...