Tuesday, April 30, 2013

May Flowers

April is coming to an end and I received some good news recently on some things I've oh so patiently been waiting on.

Last month, this happened and I was waiting to hear back from Geico regarding my insurance claim. Geico had deemed this accident no fault on my part but the other driver's insurance, State Farm, had only accepted 25% of the fault. Geico sent it to arbitration and yesterday they called to inform me that they would be sending me a check for 100% of my deductible! Hooray!

Upon waiting for the final decision, I opted not to fix my car just yet and Roy buffed out the side. It doesn't look that bad at all:


I think I can live with this for now and I'm going to put the repair funds into savings. Who knows what else might happen to my car, poor thing. It doesn't even have 50,000 miles on it yet.


That was the first piece of good news. The second came today in the form of an appraisal report. The rental property we finished rehabbing earlier this month appraised for $109,000! Whoo-hoo! We are thrilled about that. The market is definitely picking up. Our mortgage loan is in final underwriting now which is also good news.  Hopefully we can pick up the next rental property soon - we've already got our eyes set on one... more on that later if it pans out.


Tulips are in full bloom here in central PA. Here's a shot of a few at Roy's sister Kay's new house in Elizabethtown. I always loved Fall the best but I think Spring is becoming my new favorite season.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...