Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Marylanders

Back in December, my friends got together to hang out at Kathy and Jong's house in Columbia. Kathy is one of my besties. Over the course of nine years when I lived in Maryland, I grew really close to a select few people, whom I love dearly.  It's with these friends where I can be 100% myself and it's like a breath of fresh air whenever I'm around them.


This is Daeho and Irene - engaged now for quite awhile. I met Daeho when I was 16 y.o. back in PA. He moved down to MD for college and helped me a great deal to transition from "living at home" to "mooching off my friends" to "living on my own."  I don't know how Irene puts up with him, but she is probably one of the strongest women I know so if anyone can, she can.


Kathy and Jong - married - and our lovely hosts for the night. Kathy is one of a kind, she is kind and compassionate but can be direct and opinionated just as well. She's a hardcore Republican and she and Daeho go at it at times - actually a lot of times! But in the end there's nothing but love. Jong is very laid back and he's funny. They are a great couple.


This is Brandon and Sang. Brandon currently lives in S. Korea right now for work (so lucky!). Sang and Brandon are partners in crime. They have the kind of relationship where they will draw on each other if one passes out first. All night Sang had that big Band-Aid on his face and I was determined to find out what was underneath it.


Sung Min and Roy. Sung Min is a new father to baby Eleanor.  She is adorbs.



This is me after I ate one of those small green Thai chili peppers. Kathy had them in this salad she made and I just decided to eat one. I had no idea it would burn my face off! NEVER doing that again. Luckily the burning sensation went away after 15 minutes. But those 15 minutes were pretty tortuous.



Here's a group shot. There is a couple missing in this picture, Liz and Steve. They live out in California. Liz was supposed to come but had an emergency with her dog, Juno, so she had to fly back. Liz was my roommate for 3 years. We miss her so much. She is a free spirit and a true foodie so San Francisco suits her well, I think. (Side note: Daeho and Irene made those red/green macarons and the yellow jello shots. They were soooo good. In fact, all the food was sooo good that night).

We all played some poker too. As you can see, I ate a lot of the jello shots.
Look at my poker face. You can't tell at all what I have, can you? I should be a pro. And that Band-Aid did come off that night. There was barely anything under it!!!!!! Sang, you so crazy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...