Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Puttin' on the Lutz

Here are a few skating clips from freestyle last night. The ice was empty after 5:30 which was nice because you don't have to worry about running into other skaters but it felt strange being on the ice all by lonesome. I ran through a little bit of everything and by the time I got the camera out I was beat. I'm still struggling with the Lutz. It is scary. I bail out mid-jump most times and it is not a pleasant feeling. I'm able to land on my feet but I'm usually in a piked position.  Here's one of me biting the ice. I have a good bruise on the inside of my left knee.




Here's one I landed. My leg is bent on the toe in which is not good.




My salchow jump has improved as of late. Salchow jumps are fun once you get the hang of it. If you jump off the edge at just the right moment it catapults you off the ice. Loop jumps do that too (both are called edge jumps). Here's my salchow - it wasn't that high, but I'm working on it.




Starting a weekly group class tonight to work on stroking, turns, and other skills that need fine tuning. I really need to stretch more.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...