Monday, June 17, 2013

Landscaping Duty

From Happy Gilmore:
Nursing Home Orderly: Good news, everybody, we're extending arts and crafts time by four hours today.
Elderly Woman: My fingers hurt.
Nursing Home Orderly: What's that?
Elderly Woman: My fingers hurt.
Nursing Home Orderly: Oh, well, now your back's gonna hurt, 'cause you just pulled landscaping duty. Anybody else's fingers hurt?... I didn't think so.

My fingers, arms, back, legs, you name it, they all hurt. Roy and I were on landscaping duty all weekend pulling overgrown bushes out at the stone house. The pulling bushes part was the easiest because we borrowed his dad's skid loader. The hauling the bushes away, loading, and unloading part was grueling. Plus raking, removing concrete and (really) heavy steel edgers, bagging weeds and sweeping. All the work paid off though as you can see from the before and after photos below.


There's the skid loader on the right - it is a beast.









 
We planted two maiden grass bushes in the front and planted grass seeds along the side of the house, the walkway and the driveway. We plan to put river stone between the front of the house and the front walkway for easy maintenance. Once the stone is in and the grass grows I think the front yard will look so much bigger. If only my mom were alive to see this - I think she would have been very happy! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...