Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Will You...

Roy proposed to me on Saturday, March 9, 2013 on Brigantine Beach Island, NJ.  I can't believe it has happened! I was beginning to think it wasn't ever going to...

We drove out to Brigantine (by Atlantic City) Saturday morning after my skating practice. Roy had promised his buddy that he would go out there and attend to various issues with his beach house since rental season was fast approaching. I went along too because we like to take road trips together. After he worked on the house all afternoon and I read magazines, we decided to check out the beach which was a short walk from the house. It was around 3:30 or so. The weather was so nice and the beach was empty except for a few people walking.  We were looking for shells and checking out all the strange things that had washed onto shore.  

Roy looking for seashells
...and looking some more...
Roy's bootprints

At one point Roy put his arm around me as we were walking.  He then reached in his pocket and handed me a conch shell. I looked at it and it had this beautiful ring inside of it. He got down on one knee and asked, "Will you marry me?" I was so nervous for him!  Of course I said yes! I didn't cry. I think because I've played out this scenario in my head over and over and over again! I felt like I was dreaming. 

The Rock

Isn't it lovely?! Roy bought this ring in December of 2011! I can't believe he had it that long. The ring size is big so I have to get it adjusted. Roy's sister works at Littman's Jewelers and she told Roy I'd probably get the ring remounted since I like bezel settings, which they don't carry. But truthfully the ring is so beautiful I want to keep it just the way it is. It's a very simple four-prong mount that Roy picked out and it's totally his style. I'm wearing it on my pointer finger for now since it flew off my hand once already. 

So all weekend I was on Cloud 9.  Monday came around and literally "crashed" me back to reality.  More on that joyousness later. Need to bask a little more in this newly engaged glow!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...