Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Lucky Number 13


Happy 2013!  Wishing everyone the best year with many more to come! Roy and I spent new year's eve at home watching new to us episodes of Entourage season eight. It was nice and relaxing and I'm hoping it sets the tone for the new year.

On New Year's day we went over to Roy's parents' house for lunch and feasted. When we got there, I saw Roy's mom had made this cute snow lady beside the fish pond. It had bottle caps for eyes and of course some lady lumps :)


Later on we met the cousins and friends at the ice rink at Clipper Magazine stadium in Lancaster where the Barnstormers play.


The rink was MUCH smaller than I expected it to be. It basically took up all of right field.  But it wasn't crowded so it was fine. I love skating outside. Here's the first photo of me and Roy in 2013.


My cousin told me that after I fell on the ice one time that she was shocked because it was so loud. Then Roy said the ice cried a little. Lol. I need to do something about that this year, seriously.  I've been about the same weight for the past 2 years, but it's about 6-7 lbs more than the previous 2 years before that.   They say you gain about 10 lbs for every decade you age, so I need to work harder on staying fit.  The only diet that I've tried that really works is NOT EATING.  So, that's my fitness resolution - eat less and fast more.   I'd exercise more but I end up just eating more.  My first goal is drop 5 lbs by 1/20 and 5 lbs more by 2/13. I read that it's beneficial to fast for 18-24 hour periods 2 or 3 times a week.  We'll see how it goes.

What's your new year's resolution?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...