Thursday, December 13, 2012

What's for Lunch?

    Today for lunch I'm eating pretzel chips and a homemade muenster cheese dip.  I got the dip idea from Roy's sister, Karen, and it is one of those dips that you can't stop eating!   I've heard muenster is supposed to be really stinky but I don't think it is.


Here's how you make the dip:
Buy a small block of muenster cheese (runs about $4 and change - not sure exactly what the weight is).   Grate the entire block with a cheese grater.  Add about a 1/3 cup of Ranch dressing, and about 4-6 cloves of minced garlic (more or less depending on how much you like either ingredient).  It's meant to be very garlicky but I reduce the garlic to save myself and others from having dragon breath.  Add a half cup of shredded cheddar (for color).  Mix well and that's it!

I like to eat it with these pretzel crisps:


My favorite is the Everything flavor, but I get plain because Roy has a very sensitive flavor palate (a.k.a. picky eater syndrome).  I just got two huge bags from Costco.  The grocery store sizes are not enough and I always run out before the dip is gone.

Lunch time is over, boo.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...